"More than anything else, being an educated person means being able to see connections that allow one to make sense of the world and act within it in creative ways."- William Cronan

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Values

What I value more than any material good or object is my family and friends. They've always been here for me through the ups and downs of my life and I know I can always count on their support whenever I need it. I value my time with the special people in my life and I know that I'm going to treasure the memories I've made throughout my life. Money can buy cars, houses, fancy things, etc but it can't buy happiness or memories. My goal is not to accumulate as much money as I can, but to work hard at a job I genuinely enjoy putting my energy into everyday so that I can support my loved ones and be able to live a life where I can continue to make memories and build lasting bonds.

I know all of us in class right now value knowledge more than the general public, considering we're all in the Wisconsin School of Business. Knowledge is the best way to get yourself ahead in today's society. If you want to know more about something, there are so many resources today that you can utilize to expand your knowledge and set yourself apart. I foresee my value in knowledge fitting into my career as an actuary because my career will be full of constant studying to further my knowledge of actuarial concepts. Even once I have passed all the required exams, I will continue to expand my mind and knowledge in other outlets, such as learning how to play more instruments like the piano or learning other languages. My career will also allow me to gain valuable knowledge from experienced actuaries at my future firm that I can apply to my own work.


No comments:

Post a Comment