"More than anything else, being an educated person means being able to see connections that allow one to make sense of the world and act within it in creative ways."- William Cronan

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Academic & Career Goal

My academic and career goal is to pass a Society of Actuaries exam towards fulfilling requirements to become an actuary. Passing one exam opens up the door to getting an internship over next summer and being able to start gaining experience as an actuary. I've been trying to reach this goal since last year and have already had two failed attempts to pass the first exam. However, I'm registered for a third attempt this December and I know that if I study hard and utilize my resources, I can successfully reach my goal. My strength in positivity has allowed me to stay positive through the two failed attempts at the exam and has only motivated me each time to work harder to complete this goal.

One action step I will take to reach my goal is to talk to BBA faculty in the actuarial science department to discuss with them the best ways to study for the exam and any other methods to prepare to increase my chances of passing. Another action step I will take is to conduct more informational interviews that I learned and practiced through the Compass program to talk to more professional actuaries to learn the ways they studied and prepared so I can create my own study plan based off their successes. I've conducted two information interviews with two different actuaries and they were both very helpful in their own ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment